w/ caramelized onions & leafy greens
Everyone has a guilty pleasure and one of mine happens to be hamburgers. Hamburgers are one of the quintessential American comfort foods out there and when they are made right, they can be quite special. This burger is no different and is clearly made to be enjoyed!
These buns of love are jam packed with a ton of flavor and spice that leave a juicy mouth watering taste that is undeniably delicious. This recipe is a nod to the classic take on what a hamburger should be with some updated ingredients. Macaroni and cheese alone is an American staple in any household. I grew up on it and I know most of America did as well. So why not take two of the best-known comfort foods out there and morph them into the ultimate of ultimate burgers.
Serve them up with sweet potato fries and an ice cold beer. You won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients: Yields two ½ lb. burgers
- 1 lb. Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 2 Hamburger Buns, Onion or Brioche Flavored
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 1 Box Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese, cooked
- Lettuce for the burger
- Sliced Dill Pickles for Garnish
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Ground Mustard
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- In a bowl mix together the hamburger meat and hamburger spice until fully combined. Shape into two ½ lb. patties and place on a plate covered with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 30 minutes before burgers are ready to cook, boil a pot of water on the stovetop and follow the mac & cheese directions. Set aside.
- Caramelize the onions as well, by slicing them thin and placing them in a skillet over medium high heat. Once the onions are brown (10 minutes) add a little apple cider vinegar to the pan and sauté until aromatic and cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside covered with tin-foil.
- In the same skillet, brown the burgers on one side for about 7 minutes. Place the entire skillet in a 450-degree oven and finish cooking burgers until the reach desired preference. The buns can be toasted by placing them directly on the cooking racks while burgers finish cooking.
- Assemble the burger by layering it in the following order:
- Bottom Bun
- Beef Patty
- Caramelized Onions
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Top Bun