with fresh ricotta, heirloom tomatoes & prosciutto
This is a quick and tasty Mediterranean inspired breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack that can be enjoyed all year round. It is simple to make, with little to no fuss, and is absolutely delicious. The ingredients can consist of almost anything, but the trick to these toasts is to keep everything as fresh as possible and to stick to in season ingredients.
Heirloom tomatoes happen to be a favorite of mine so whenever I get a chance to incorporate them I do. If tomatoes happen to be out of season, roasted peppers can be used in place or boring avocados. Quite frankly though, I am over avocados and avocado toast for that matter.
Fresh ricotta and juicy sweet tomatoes are already a delicious combination, but with all the other ingredients added, the taste is simply awesome.
Ingredients: Yields 4 servings
- 4 Slices of Italian Bread, toasted
- 1 Heirloom Tomato, sliced
- 8 Tbsp. Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Slices of Prosciutto
- Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Balsamic Reduction for topping
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Assemble the toasts by spreading a tablespoon of the fresh ricotta cheese on a toasted slice of Italian bread. Arrange some fresh basil leaves and tomato slices on top. Add a slice of prosciutto and then drizzle with balsamic reduction and some olive oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to finish.