Passion Vodka Lemonades
with fresh squeezed lemon
Happy Friday = Fun Friday! With the week finally over I have a chance to kick back and relax a little and enjoy it in the best way possible: an awesome cocktail full of tart lemon and citrusy hibiscus love! If anyone has ever had a Starbucks Iced Passion Lemonade drink then the taste of this is no surprise. My mom is obsessed with them and when I was visiting her a few weeks ago in the good ole Windy City she kind of got me hooked on them to the point where I was drinking four of them a day and wondering why my wallet was looking a little naked in the cash department. Oh well…it was totally worth it!
I liked this Passion flavored tea to begin with, but once I had it mixed with the vodka I fell head over heels for it. It has a pleasant blend of hibiscus mixed with passion fruit essence along with some lemongrass love. Add in the tart lemonade and the smooth creaminess of the vodka and you have the start to a love affair like no other, PG rated of course! It’s great for those Saturday BBQ’s or outdoor summer dinners. So grab some friends, hopefully some good food, and get the party started!
- 2 shots Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 5 oz. Tazo Iced Passion Tea, chilled
- 3 oz. Minute Maid Lemonade (15 calories brand)
- Splash of Club Soda
- Lemon Twist to garnish
- Crushed Ice
(Note: the mixing amounts may differ depending on the glasses being used. I used tumbler cocktail glasses based on the above measurements, which hold about 10 ounces).
- Fill a cocktail shaker with 1/2 a cup of ice. Add the vodka, 1/2 the fresh squeezed lemon juice, the Minute Maid Lemonade, and Passion Tea. Cover with the lid and shake for about 1-2 minutes (you want this super cold and well mixed. Should be frothy when you are ready to pour).
- Pour into a tumbler or small cocktail glass that is already halfway full of ice. Finish with a splash of club soda and the remaining lemon juice. Garnish with a lemon twist. Serve!