Spicy Jalapeno Margarita
with fresh lime juice
Looking to add a little pizzazz and overall sass to your summer drink list, then look no further than this Spicy Jalapeno Margarita. It’s perfect for those hot summer days that include a little fun in the sun while hanging around friends and family. Whether you want to make this super mild or give it that extra kick of heat, either way it is sure to be one drink that will warm you from the inside out and make you keep coming back for more.
Just remember that the longer your drink sits, the spicier it will get from the jalapeno so be forewarned and drink it fast!
Ingredients: Yields 1 Drink
- 1-2 shots Tequila (Don Julio Blanco)
- 3 Jalapeno Slices, seeds removed
- 3 Lime wedges
- Juice of 1 Lime + some extra
- 1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- Splash of Triple Sec
- 2-3 Splashes of Club Soda
- Salt for the rim of the glass
- Crushed ice
- Salt the rim of your margarita glass. Fill with ice and then set aside.
- In cocktail shaker add the tequila, lime juice, 2 jalapeno slices, and agave nectar. Muddle the ingredients. Add some ice, close with the lid and then shake vigorously for a few minutes.
- Strain into prepared salted glass. Add a splash of triple sec, fill the remaining glass with the club soda, and top with the extra lime juice.
- Garnish with the fresh lime wedges and a jalapeno slice.