Spicy Jalapeno Mojito
with fresh lime juice & crushed mint
There isn’t really much to say except, “Just drink this.” You will not be disappointed, because I sure as heck am not whenever I whip them up and sling them back. They are perfect for a hot day, but let’s be honest, a little fun should be drunk everyday and these mojitos are no exception. Having a Mexican Fiesta that requires a signature drink? Then these suckers are your ticket to being the life of the party. They are refreshing, crisp and yield a nice welcoming heat that rolls around your tongue causing it to beg for more. So sit back, relax and take a sip of some minty goodness because it is definitely a drink that keeps on giving.
Ingredients: Yields 1 Drink
- 1-2 shots Rum (I prefer Meyer’s Rum, but any good quality will do)
- 3 Jalapeno Slices, seeds removed
- 3 Lime wedges
- Juice of 1 Lime + some extra
- 1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
- 3 Splashes of Club Soda
- Bunch of fresh Mint Leaves + extra to garnish
- Crushed ice
- Fill the bottom of a glass with about 7-8 mint leaves and then muddle together. Fill with lots of ice and set aside.
- In cocktail shaker add the rum, lime juice, 2 jalapeno slices, 4 mint leaves, and agave nectar. Muddle the ingredients. Add some ice, close with the lid and then shake vigorously for a few minutes or until the shakers has frosted.
- Strain into prepared glass and then add the splashes of club soda.
- Garnish with the fresh lime wedges and a jalapeno slice.