Tomato & Burrata Salad
with extra virgin olive oil & balsamic reduction
For those of you who have not discovered the amazing creamy and utterly delicious burrata yet, then now is the time to do so! It is a pouch of Italian cheese that literally translates into “buttered” and takes mozzarella one-step further from its super creamy filling that is rich in flavor. Technically, it is considered mozzarella cheese, which is then formed into a pouch and filled with super soft, stringy curd and cream giving it an unusually light texture.
Versatile since it can be served sweet or savory, for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or a Snack, this cheese is a favorite of mine. I either smear it on a toasted baguette with some fig jam or eat it in a salad with fresh tomatoes, and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a little balsamic reduction. It is sweet and tangy, without being overpowering amongst other ingredients. If I could, I would probably eat this with every meal since it is just that good and can be quite addicting.
Burrata is definitely not just cheese. I consider it to be a small slice of heaven that gets better with each bite.
Ingredients: Yields 2 servings
- 1 Container of Burrata Cheese (2 pouches are included)
- Sprigs of Fresh Basil
- 3 c. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle of Balsamic Reduction
- Salt & Pepper
- Assemble the salads by placing 1-½ cups of sliced tomatoes in 2 bowls. Top each with 1 burrata pouch, fresh basil, olive oil, balsamic reduction and a little salt and pepper.
- Serve cold.